Our History:-


    BHARAT SHIKSHAN MANDAL, RTNAGIRI, is a trust registered with the Charity Commissioner in 1951, under Public Trust Registration Act, Registration no: RTN-F-2, dated 12.11.1951. Registered under Society's Registration Act, Registration no: 2719/1951-52, dated 18.10.1951. Donation to Bharat Shikshan Mandal are eligible for Income tax benefit under section 80G , as per Order from Income tax Commissioner-II, Kolhapur, ref: KOL/A A-II/80G/49/44/2008-09/782, dated 2.7.2008

    Bharat Shikshan Mandal has 302 Members, under various categories, as on 30.09.2014.

patwardhan highschool history

We try to trace the historical background of Patwardhan High School and enumerating various milestones in the time period so far and update it, as of now. (Information last 55 years or so is acvilable mostly from the records and correspondence on record. Information for the earlier period, from 1902 to 1947 is however based on whatever records are available, annual reports, printed bulletins and information provided by old-timers.

    In the year 1902, Shri Keshvrao Patwardhan, and Shri Narayanrao Patwardhan and with some of their relatives and well-wishers, established an educational institute, then named as PRIVATE MIDDLE SCHOOL. Although starting with only a handful of students, due to the high standards of education, personal attention and discipline, this institution was well received by students and parents and was on a growth path. Conducting the classes initially at rented place at what was known as Gadital, the school moved into the present premises and in the year 1908 the school named was changed to PATWARDHAN MIDDLE SCHOOL. In the year 1935 the school received permission to star English 7th standard (matric) and was re-named as PATWARDHAN HIGH SCHOOL. Patwardhan High school conducted classes from 5th to 11 th (old SSC) standards.

    With growth of the school, paucity was funds were always a major problem and concern for the proprietors. They were also finding it difficult to manage all the affairs of the school. Shankarrao/Achyutrao therefore felt need to hand over the school to a public Trust.In the year 1947 Bharat Shikshan mandal was formed and Patwardhan brothers handed over the school to the Mandal in 1952

    The Mandal is managed by Managing Committees formed from time to time, elected from among the members of the Mandal. The Madal has been fortunate to have dedicated members on the Managing Committees and as Office-bearers. Under their supervision, guidance and sincere efforts the Mandal has expanded the academic activities over these years.

    Commencing only with Patwardhan High School, realizing the needs, the Mandal added new educational institutions and now we have facilities from the Play School to Junior College. We also have established certain add-on facilities, such Computer Education for our students from the 1st to 10th standards, Gurukul, etc. and have over 3000 students in all our educational institutions in the academic year 2010-11.

Website developed by PLANET-I InfoServices, Ratnagiri